As Halloween draws closer, everybody is searching for costume inspiration in their favourite TV, movies, memes, and occasionally something spooky . But how many people dress up as something inspired by their favourite YouTube videos?
Well this year, we’ve put together just a handful of looks from some of our favourite corners of YouTube that you can easily replicate; from vloggers to viral videos to beloved videogame characters, we’ve got a little something for everybody to dress up in this Halloween!
1. Miranda Sings
Miranda’s style is simple but iconic; even just the red pants and the heavy lipstick will be enough to convince everyone of your costume. But if you want to go all-out, here is the ultimate costume kit:
- “Haters Back Off” sweatpants: Spreadshirt
- Pink Crocs: Crocs
- MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick (lots): MAC Cosmetics
- Oversized men’s grey/white-striped shirt: Various
2. Dil Howlter
The Sims-based lovechild of Dan & Phil has a pretty signature look from the day of his creation; thanks to the internet and some dedicated Phangirls, you can recreate it to the letter!
- Dil T-shirt: Redbubble
- Bunny slippers: Ebay
- Brown Leather Wrist Cuff: Amazon
- The Sims Plumbob Headband: DIY
3. Pizza Rat
This season’s most relatable viral sensation will probably already have hundreds of costumes dedicated to it – but ours is all about the fully authentic New Yorker experience. Here’s how to transform yourself into the perfect Pizza Rat this Halloween:
- Rat Headpiece & Gloves: FancyDress.com
- Large Slice of New York-Style Cheese Pizza: Any good local pizzeria
- Dirt (optional): All well-known ground
- New York Subway Pass: MTA
4. Hannah Hart (Carrot Onesie Mode)
Carrot onesie, carrot carrot onesie, carrot onesie, carrot carrot onesie…
- Carrot Onesie: Amazon
- That’s it
- No “Off button”
5. Stephano (PewDiePie’s Amnesia statue)
There’s already been some incredible cosplay of Pewds’ trusty spiritual guide from his Amnesia series (believe me, we Googled it), but here’s how you can affordably replicate a real-life edition of the little golden statue:
- Gold Biblical Shepherd Costume: Amazon
- Gold pointed shoes: Amazon
- Wooden Scimitar: Amazon
- Stargazer Metallic Gold Boy Paint: Amazon
Want to see some more YouTube inspired costumes from us? Give us your suggestions in the comments!