Well, that’s it. Much like Harambe, the beloved ape, Vine is no more. However, what is dead may never die and although the once titanic app has now become more like the HMS Titanic, it doesn’t mean there aren’t a wealth of video treasures still ready to be enjoyed. Here is a carefully curated list of what we believe to be 25 of the best Vines of all time. Behold:
25. ‘Hi res of Connor from Colin Read’s Spirit Quest’ (Stiener The Viner)
Vine is most often associated with comedy or music, but let’s not forget that there are many Vines out there that are genuinely beautiful.
24. ‘Untitled’ (Young Thug)
Just take a look at how much goodness there is in these six short seconds.
23. Dicks Out For Harambe
What? You thought we weren’t going to include a Harambe Vine? WELL YA THOUGHT WWRONG, PAL.
22. ‘what’s the opposite of gaydar’ (Anthony Padilla)
Real manly, my dudes. Manly and secure.
21. ‘Jack’ (Matthew DeHoff)
Matthew exists in basically his own entertainment genre, the only way to really describe it is to say that it’s high energy, utterly nuts and endlessly re-watchable.
20. ‘Little German Boy Reflecting on Why He Hates Brad Pitt’ (DangerBoy)
FFS this goddamn Vine.
19. pls papa (boysru1e)
The fake stammer is everything.
18. Edge (precautiousbear)
Hashtag politics, amirite?
17. Maple thought I needed more cowbell (Trench)
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
16. Mime (Cole Hersch)
If we could we’d just post all of Cole’s Vines. Hooray for Cole.
15. ‘if characters in horror movies could hear the audience’ (meechonmars)
This would honestly save so much hassle.
14. ‘Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be okay.’ (Wesley Thomas)
Here’s a Vine we all needed.
13. Hey? Hello (Avery Monsen)
Every single one of Avery’s Vine will hurt your brain with how impeccably impossible they are. This particular Vine was made in 2014, before half of Vine’s editing features even existed – how did he do this??!!
12. Idfk (Marlon Webb)
So simple, yet so good.
11. I hate waitressing part 2 (Sarah Schauer)
Sarah’s ‘I hate waitressing’ series was an instant hit, striking a chord with many a long-suffering member of the service industry.
Stop trying to understand what’s going on here – not even the guy in the Vine gets what’s going on.
9. ‘a vine’ (Dillon)
Finally, a Vine that accurately describes every millisecond of my life.
8. ‘I’ve been living a lie’ (Mackenzie Beckett)
At least she’s finally being honest with us.
7. Now Push It vine
6. Josh Kennedy vine
5. ‘When you missing but the face aging software know you stay fly (Victor Pope Jr)
That damn facial expression gets us every time.
4. ‘One of those moments!’ (Gabriel Gundacker)
The real appeal and endless shareability of this Vine is just the sheer right turn it takes out of nowhere. This style of ‘tons of clones of myself’ video is something Gabe went on to repeat multiple times with great success.
3. Quiznos vine
To be honest, she has a point.
2. Poseidon quivers before the sand guardian (Katiestrophic)
ALL HAIL HIM.
1. – ‘When she say she got a cute friend for you’ – aka: Why you always lying? (Nick Fraser)
? A ? Stone ? Cold ? Classic ?