It’s the end of the year so that means we’re legally obliged to start rounding up all the best things that happened in this bleak and miserable year. But thankfully, some wonderful folks over at YouTube and Google decided to round up the best video games of 2016 for us all – and gave us all easy links to their trailers! So we’re pretty psyched to be sharing it with you today in case you missed it.
Before we kick things off, it’s important to note that all of these games were released IN 2016 – which is the most important qualifier, truly. If the game is coming in 2017, or was released in 2015, it will not feature on the list. So if you think Google have missed some games, don’t worry about it as we’re certain that they’ve got it covered.
Also, if you’re keen on seeing other rankings we’ve done on the site, here’s our countdown for the best Internet sensations on Tumblr OR you can vote in our #UnicornAwards! You can vote on categories such as YouTuber of the Year and Rebel of the Year!
1. Battlefield 1 = 49,887,627 views
2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare = 35,950,467 views
3. Clash of Clans: Hog Rider 360° = 32,702,459 views
4. Gears of War 4 = 17,094,059 views
5. Clash of Kings EN = 17,114,129 views
6. Overwatch Animated Short “Dragons” = 14,075,582 views
7. Starter Pokémon for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Revealed = 10,770,481 views
8. FIFA 17 The Journey = 10,647,372 views
9. Watch Dogs 2 Trailer: Cinematic Reveal = 10,106,636 views
10. Doom “Fight Like Hell” Cinematic Trailer = 9,656,374 views
What video games do YOU think should have appeared in the top 10 this year? Let us know in the comments below.