Nearly 48 hours after news hit the web that PewDiePie had been cut by Disney and YouTube for “antisemitic” jokes, Felix responds to the Wall Street Journal and Variety for “personally attacking” him. He rounds up the video by sincerely breaking down into tears and thanking the YouTube community for supporting him through this “insane” time.
You can see how Felix responds in the video below.
Since the news broke earlier this week about Felix and his controversial “antisemitic” imagery, we’ve unpicked the conversation to figure out who was to blame. Here is our coverage of the situation so far:
- YouTube officially cancelled Scare PewDiePie Season 2
- KSI came out to support Felix regardless of their years of fighting
- We discussed why PewDiePie was punished for his actions yet YouTubers like Sam Pepper seemed to get away with hugely problematic things
- A roundup of other YouTubers reacting to the news of Felix being dropped by Disney/YouTube
- An essay discussing why PewDiePie and Felix Kjellberg must be treated as two different people
And as always, in traditional Felix style, he leaves the mainstream media with one of his charming parting gifts:
But what do you think about this whole affair – was Felix in the wrong from the beginning for making such jokes, or did the media personally attack him? Let us know in the comments below!