What is happening in 2016?! Casey Neistat has quit vlogging entirely, PewDiePie is threatening to delete his YouTube channel and Keemstar is STILL making content. We’re so ready to kickstart 2017 and end all this madness, but it looks like we’re not free from the drama yet. Anna and Jonathan Saccone-Joly, two of the original YouTuber vloggers, have now announced that they will be quitting daily vlogging too… but if only it was that simple.
Jonathan, who has been daily vlogging since 2009 and has captured moments such as his proposal, wedding and the birth of his two beautiful children, announced in a live stream that the family would be slowing down production. Instead of uploading vlogs on a daily, seven-day-a-week basis, the family will now be uploading Monday to Friday – so they can have their weekends back as family time even though they’ll still be filming… It’s confusing.
The break in daily videos comes as the family begins the prep to welcome their third child, in addition to having multiple “top secret” projects. But we’re still a bit confused on the new schedules, so lets break this down into something that makes even marginally more sense. Here is (what we believe to be) the new YouTube schedules for Jonathan and Anna:
- There will be NO daily vlogs uploaded on the weekend
- Weekends will still be filmed, but Friday/Saturday/Sunday will all be edited into a big Monday video
- There will now be a livestream on either Saturday or Sunday, instead of the couple daily vlogging
- The Friendliest Friends channel will now have two videos a week with Eduardo and Emilia
- And finally, Anna’s personal channel will now have three new videos a week
Oh, and because Christmas falls on a weekend this year, Jonathan has already answered your burning questions about whether or not there will be a Saccone-Joly Christmas vlog…