Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery: Tips, Cheats and Hints
30 April 2018, 12:02
Everything you need to know to get ahead in the new Harry Potter mobile game
The most hotly anticipated mobile game since Pokémon Go is finally here! Harry Potter Mystery Dungeon hit app stores worldwide this week, and millions around the world are already donning their digital robes and uncovering the mysteries at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizadry. So to help you on your magical adventure, here are all the tips, tricks, cheats and hints you'll need to become the best Witch or Wizard the world has ever seen.
We'll be updating this with more tips and hints as we have them, so keep the page bookmarked!
How to get unlimited energy in Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery without hacks
Energy is one of the most valuable resources in Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery, as it allows you to complete quests and earn coins, which in turn allow you unlock accessories for your character and to start higher-level quests. However, unless you're willing to hack and modify your game, you will find that they are an extremely limited resource. Your energy level does slowly refresh, but if you can't wait to replenish your energy, there are a few secret ways to help you breeze through quests with free Energy. These energy sources refresh every six hours, so with enough patience they can be an infinite supply of Energy to get through the game.
1. Tap on the painting of a woman wearing white in the East Tower to unlock Energy points
2. Tap the painting of flowers next to the Prefects' Bathroom in the West Towers
3. Tap the wand laying around in the Castle Grounds for free Energy
4. Tap the three suits of armour on the Lower floor West (to the right of the Great Hall) to get free Energy
6. Tap the torch to the right of the door to the Great Hall to get free Energy (Lower floor - West)
7. Talk to the House Elf in the dungeons to earn free Energy
Easy house points
Winning the House Cup gives you 100 gems, but to make sure your house is in the running, you need to earn house points! Here are some easy way to win House Points in the game to get you started:
1. Succeed in lectures
2. Complete quests
3. Make dialogue choices inline with your house's guiding principles, but avoid being rude.
Can you have a relationship in Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery?
Friendships are important in Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery, and with the right work a friendship may blossom into something more. But it will take a long time as Matt London, a writer for the game, revealed to Polygon.
"“You’re 11-years-old, but the game covers the entire seven-year saga. So overtime, as new stories get unlocked and you progress through the game, you’re going to have to wait and see what type of relationships develop," he teased.
How to earn gems
Gems can be traded for Energy and to unlock quests, making them super-valuable in-game. Here are a few ways you can earn more gems:
- Choosing gems over Energy points when you've completed a quest
- Learn new spells and potions
- Win the house cup
- Level up
Can I change my Hogwarts House?
Nope! You are stuck wherever you are sorted into.
How do I raise my Friendship level?
There are several ways you can increase your friendship level with fellow Hogwarts students, including playing games and joining them for dinner in the Great Hall. Raising your friendship level earns you gems, so it's a worthwhile investment.