This Hack Lets You Listen To YouTube While Your Phone Is Locked
24 October 2017, 10:15 | Updated: 6 November 2017, 14:35
We all know the pain of finding a really freaking great live version of a song we love on YouTube, only to hear it go silent as soon as you pop your phone in your pocket and try to get on with your day. YouTube's inability to play music and playlists through your phone while it's locked has long been a bugbear of music fans. But thanks to this handy life-hack discovered by The Verge, that could all soon be a thing of the past.
Here's how to listen to YouTube when your phone is locked:
Listening to Youtube on your mobile when the screen is locked for iOS
- Download a web browser called "Dolphin" from the App Store.
- Head to youtube.com and select the song/playlist you need
- Leave the app, open up your control centre and hit play to let the music continue.
Listening to Youtube on your mobile when the screen is locked for android
- Open up Google Chrome
- Tap the three dots at the top of the screen to pull up the menu
- Tap "Request desktop site"
- Accept YouTube sending you notifications if asked.
- Tap the video/playlist you want, and a control menu will pop up on screen - you can play, pause, skip from there.
Have you heard? Our ultimate quiz book is out now!
'Only True YouTube Fans Weill Complete This Quiz Book' hits stores very soon! Packed with oodles of quizzes on all your faves, our latest We The Unicorns book will separate the fair weather fans from the diehard devotees. Buy 'Only True YouTube Fans Will Complete This Quiz Book' on Amazon now!