This YouTuber Is Officially More Popular Than Beyonce & Rihanna In One US State
11 October 2017, 11:36 | Updated: 6 November 2017, 09:43
Which state is the most obsessed with Markiplier?
American communications company AT&T; has released a map which shows the most popular YouTube channel in every US state. They say they built the map using data from Google Trends and Socialblade and it shows a surprising variety of channel types.
Ah yes, Music Lovers, Kids, Gamers and Wrestlers and Ellen Fans - the four kinds of people. There isn't a human being on the planet that doesn't fit into one of those categories.
Highlights from the map
It's a heck of a mixed bag. We've pulled out some of the most notable things that you may be interested in:
- Alaska seems to love Markiplier
- Maine is all about PewDiePie
- Toy channels are more popular than ever. Quick reminder that kids channel are the quiet superstars of YouTube, routinely getting hundreds of millions of views.
- However, it's more than a little depressing to see that Louisiana and Georgia are obsessed with 'Toy Freaks', a type of kids channel that is distressingly weird, and not in a fun way.
- New Mexico belongs to Mr Worldwide. Dale.