Here’s How To Upload Camera Roll Pictures To Your Snapchat And Instagram Stories
21 August 2017, 10:36
Snapchat and Instagram are finally letting you upload pictures to their stories - although not in a particularly straightforward way. Here's a simple guide.
Social media stories are one of the most popular tech inventions of the last few years. But despite their popularity, they have always had an inherent problem - they only let you upload pictures that you have taken that very moment.
Well tech companies have finally listened to feedback from folks who have found themselves disappointed that they can't stick a cool ass picture on their story just because they didn't take it in-app, and now are finally letting you upload old pics to their services. We've put together a quick guide on how to do it. Some of the info comes via Mashable, who wrote a nice piece on the subject.
How to add pictures to a Snapchat story
Snapchat now lets you upload any photo from your Snapchat Memories (you know, that feature no one understands) or from your camera roll. To upload a pic to your story simply:
- Go to the camera screen as if you're going to take a snap.
- Tap the little circle beneath the main camera button.
- This will open a menu.
- There are four options: 'All', 'Snaps', 'Stories' and 'Camera Roll' - you scroll sideways to reach them.
- Note that 'All' does not include your camera roll. You have to scroll right to get to your camera roll pics.
- Tap on the pic you want to upload, this will open the pic.
- Tap where it says 'edit and send' at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the blue arrow.
- Select 'my story' from the list.
- Click the blue arrow again.
- You're done!
How to add pictures to an Instagram story
Instagram also lets you upload pictures but, for some reason, only pictures that were taken in the last 24 hours. You can easily get round this though by screenshotting an older pic in your camera roll, which will push it into your most recent pictures (press the home button and sleep button at the same time on iPhone to screenshot). You can then upload the pic to your story by:
- Open the story camera by pressing the little camera icon in the top left of the homepage.
- Tap the little rectangle in the bottom left corner. It will be showing a tiny preview of your most recent picture.
- Select the pic you want from the menu that appears.
- Click the button that says '+ Your Story'.
- You're done!
Hopefully you found this helpful! For more phone tech tips, why not check out our previous article The 10 Best iPhone Games That You Can Play Offline or even the time we Ranked The 69 New Emojis By How Horny They Are.