We're Hiring! Content Editor Role Available At We The Unicorns
21 April 2017, 10:29
All the details you need are right here.
We The Unicorns is hiring for a Content Editor to start immediately, based at our Leicester Square HQ.
We The Unicorns gives readers inside access to all of their favourite YouTube stars, along with the latest news, videos, interviews and in-depth commentary on the creator community and issues that matter to them.
We’re looking for a talented creative who is just as comfortable writing a personality quiz about Dan and Phil’s bath bombs as they are writing in-depth commentary about accusations of PewDiePie’s racism. The ideal candidate will live and breathe digital content, with a solid understanding of how to drive traffic to a website via social media and SEO. They will be as analytical and strategic as they are creative - constantly responding to the changing digital landscape and making data-driven decisions.
This is a hugely rewarding job with lots of potential to make the role your own and grow within an established media & entertainment company.
Deadline ongoing. Salary competitive.
- Write news stories and features about YouTube and the YouTuber community for Wetheunicorns.com
- Produce evergreen content relevant to the YouTuber community (listicles, features, interviews, quizzes etc)
- Produce content that’s optimized for social media, with shareability front of mind
- Contribute SEO evergreen feature ideas and execute to a high standard
- Potential to front We The Unicorns video content
- Collaborate with the commercial team on creating branded content for native campaigns
- Occasionally assist the social media editor with management of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and our other social media platforms
- Work with the Managing Editor and Senior Editor to organise the editorial calendar and work on special projects
- Demonstrable experience of writing copy to tight deadlines for an online publication
- Experience in creating content that resonates with an audience on social media platforms and has the potential to go viral
- Strong understanding of and experience in creating search engine optimised content
- Experience in presenting, editing and producing successful videos for YouTube and Facebook is desirable
- An aptitude for using data to make key strategy decisions; experience in using Omniture, Google Analytics and other analytical tools
- An avid interest in YouTube stars and the community that surrounds them
- Experience presenting to camera is preferred
- Experience in the use of CMS, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere
- Excellent organisational and people skills, with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- You should be just as comfortable working with a team as you are taking responsibility for solo projects
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org