Write For We The Unicorns - Terms And Conditions
1 January 2015, 10:05 | Updated: 17 July 2017, 12:11
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The following terms and conditions (“Ts&Cs;”) apply to all submissions of posts/pieces (including without limitation articles, news stories and quizzes) (“Contribution(s)”) submitted for consideration to be published on www.wetheunicorns.com (the “Site”)
- The Site is run by We The Unicorns Limited (Company No. 9619068) of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (“Company”)
- Anyone who submits any Contribution(s) to the Site (“Entrant”) will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the Ts&Cs; Terms and will be bound by them.
- To submit a Contribution to the Site an Entrant must send it to email@example.com. Entrant(s) must submit the Contribution(s) in a word document complete with links to any gifs, Instagram posts or other embeds clearly signposting where they belong in the article.
- Company use a third party tool called PlayBuzz for quizzes. If Entrant wants to create a quiz for the Site Entrant must create an account with PlayBuz, create the quiz and send the link to Company We The Unicorns in their email.
- In consideration of the mutual benefit to the Entrant and the Compay, by submitting the Contribution(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org the Entrant: (i) warrants that the Entrant is free to submit the Contribution(s) and to exclusively grant and assign all rights in the Contribution(s) to the Company free from charge, lien or other encumbrance and the Entrant warrants and undertakes that the Entrant has not been disposed of and shall not encumber or dispose of any of the rights in the Contribution(s); (ii) warrants and undertakes that the Contribution(s) are original and will not infringe the copyrights of any third party or any other rights of whatsoever nature; (iii) warrants and undertakes that the Contribution(s) will not be defamatory or breach any duty of confidence and shall not contain anything that is obscene, blasphemous or racially inflammatory; (iv) warrants that the Entrant controls all copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to such Contribution(s) free from charge, lien or other encumbrance; (v) confirm the irrevocable and unconditional grant with full title guarantee by the Entrant to the Company of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to the Contribution(s); (vi) grants to the Company all consents necessary which may be required for the exploitation of the Contribution(s) or any part thereof and waives any moral rights and like rights the Entrant has in relation to the Contribution(s) so that the Company (and any of its Affiliates) shall be entitled to use the Contribution(s) in any and all media at no cost to the Company and such use shall not infringe the rights of any third party; (vii) acknowledges and agrees that the Company shall be entitled to make use of the Contribution(s) or any part thereof in such manner as it shall in its sole discretion consider fit including the right to make changes, alterations, substitutions, additions, deletions and rearrangements whatsoever; and (viii) shall not do anything that would affect the assignment of rights in the Contribution(s) hereunder.
- Entrants must be UK residents and age 16 or over. Under 16 years old are not eligible to submit Contributions.
- Entrants can submit an unlimited number of Contributions.
- In order to submit a Contribution(s), the Entrant must enter as an individual using his/her legal name
- The Company may ask Entrants to provide proof of eligibility to submit a Contribution(s) and the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not eligibility criteria has been met.
- The Company reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to request certain evidence relating to the Competition entry including proof of identity, age and address.
- No fee is payable to the Entrant(s) in respect of their Contribution(s) regardless of whether or not the Contribution(s) are published on the Site
- The Entrant agrees to keep confidential any information which Entrant knows or reasonably ought to know is confidential and relates to the Company.
- Entrant agrees to participate, at Company’s request, in publicity (including interviews) and Entrant agrees that Company shall own all intellectual property rights in, and may use at Company’s absolute discretion, such publicity/interviews. Company may but shall not have the obligatiton to refer to the Entrant association with the Contribution in any publicity, marketing and materials.
- Entrant agrees not to publicise Entrant involvement in the Contribution(s) or the fact that Entrant has been published (including giving interviews) except with Company’s prior written consent.
- Company may publish Entrant(s) name and make them available to third parties upon their request.
- 17. The Company reserve the right (without accepting any liability or giving any compensation) to disqualify any Entrant and/or Contribution if:
(i) Entrant and/or Contribution is in breach of the Ts&Cs; or any of Entrant’s obligations, representations and/or warranties under this Ts&Cs;
(ii) Entrant’s conduct is inappropriate or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Ts&Cs;
(iii) Entrant has committed or undertaken any fraud, dishonesty, deceit, misconduct or similar action including providing any false or incorrect information;
(iv) Entrant’s act(s) or omission(s) might have an adverse effect on the Site or the Companyl;
(v) It is in Company’s best interests to do so.
18. Contributions that are incomplete, indecipherable, corrupt, or otherwise not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
19. Company shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to cancel, delay and/or recommence PopBuzz Community with immediate effect without any liability to any Entrant.
20. Company may cancel the We The Unicorns Contributors and/or the Site if Company believe it has good reason to do so.
21. Company exclude all liability whatsoever for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect or consequential suffered by any Entrant howsoever arising in connection with the Contribution(s).
22. Entrant agrees to indemnify the Company, the Site and employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors fees) suffered by Company arising as a result of a breach by Entrant of his obligations under the Ts&Cs; or in any way in connection with Entrant failure to follow Company reasonable instructions with regard to Entrant’s submission of Contribution(s).
23. Entrants agree not to act or omit to do anything, which might bring the Company or any of its affiliates into disrepute or affect the reputation of the Site or the Company.
24. The Ts&Cs; shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and Company and Entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
25. The Ts&Cs; represent the entire agreement between Entrant and Company relating to the submission and/or publication of the Contribution(s) and supersede any prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). No variation of the Ts&Cs; is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of Company in writing.
26. Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded.
27. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the Ts&Cs; does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Ts&Cs.;
28. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies.
29. This Agreement does not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to it (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).